The list of culprits that can dry out our skin is a very long one. From taking hot showers and scrubbing ourselves dry with a towel to wicked winter weather to lack of natural oils in your skin as you age, anything can cause dry skin.The good news is you don’t always need to visit a dermatologist to treat your dry skin. Instead, consider adding a natural moisturizer to your skincare regimen. Including a moisturizer in your skincare routine is a must, no matter what your skin type is (oil, dry, normal, or a combination).
As per Ayurveda, dry skin type (also known as Vata skin), can be treated through adopting warming, moisturizing, and grounding practices. Dry skin requires daily nourishment and hydration.
How Does A Moisturizer Work?
Moisturizers attract moisture from the environment and retain it inside the skin to keep it soft and hydrated. They help in preventing loss of water from the topmost layer of the skin by stimulating ceramide production in the body.
Since the moisturizer gets deep into your skin, you need to be very particular while choosing the right one. There are endless recommendations for the best moisturizer out there in the market. But, we want you to choose a product that contains formulas containing the most indispensable types of ingredients which research proved to provide great results for all skin types. Take your pick from the following best moisturisers for dry skin and make sure they are the part of your daily skincare regimen. (1)
- Plant Butters
Due to their occlusive and emollient properties, the basic function of plant butters is moisturization. They prevent moisture from evaporating by forming a protective layer on your skin. Protecting the top layer also helps in keeping irritants at bay and protecting your skin from cold winters.
Apart from moisturization, the essential fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants in plant butters deeply nourish your skin giving you smooth and soft skin. (2)
Types Of Plant Butters
There are various types of plant butters( Jojoba butter, Avocado butter, Macadamia nut butter, sal butter, Hemp butter, etc.) that can be used in all your skincare and haircare needs. But, below listed are the four most commonly used and easily available in skincare products.
- Cocoa Butter
Extracted from cocoa bean pods, Cocoa butter is pale yellow in colour and contains Vitamin E, polyphenols (help fight free radicals). Its rich texture will leave your skin soft and moisturized. Cocoa Butter also helps fade stretch marks and scars. (3)
- Mango Butter
Mango butter extracted from mango seeds has a sweet fragrance and is less greasy compared to shea and cocoa butter. It is a great source of fatty acids which help in moisturizing your skin, soothing irritated skin, and preventing fine lines and wrinkles. (5)
- Kokum Butter
Kokum butter is made from Kokum trees (native to India) and has a light brown colour. Possessing a triglyceride composition, this butter has skin healing and moisturizing properties. It helps in treating dryness, healing ulcers, fissures, regenerating skin cells, etc. (6)
- Shea Butter
Shea butter is extracted from the nuts of the African Shea tree. It is beige in colour and has healing properties. Vitamin A, E and phytonutrients in Shea butter help in fading blemishes, reducing inflammation and preventing dry skin. (4)
2. Organic Oils
Organic oils or natural oils like olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter oil have been used in skin care and hair care for centuries for their various moisturizing, protective, and antibacterial qualities. The following is a list of the most popular organic oils. (7)
- Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a great source of Vitamins E and K, antifungal, and antibacterial properties which not only moisturizes but smoothen, minimizes fine lines and wrinkles, calms temporary redness, and soothes irritated skin. Coconut oil acting as a sealant helps trap water into the skin to keep it moist all throughout the day. It can easily absorb into the skin. (8)
- Olive oil
Olive oil derived from olives is a staple of the Mediterranean diet. Not only does the oil have many nutritional benefits when consumed, but it also is frequently applied to the skin and hair. It acts as an antioxidant that prevents premature ageing by fighting the free radicals present in the skin. Rich in Vitamins A, D, E, and K, and antibacterial properties, olive oil helps in smoothening skin, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, and soothing bacterial infections. (9)
- Jojoba oil
Jojoba oil is excreted from the nuts of the jojoba plant. Many people use jojoba oil as part of their skincare routine for many reasons. It works to seal the skin with a protective barrier which helps it from losing moisture. Apart from moisturizing your skin, you can use jojoba oil to treat acne, psoriasis, and countless other skin conditions. The Vitamin E in jojoba oil acts as an antioxidant that helps the skin fight oxidative stress caused by pollutants and other toxins. (10)
- Almond oil
Almonds aren’t just for healthy snacking, in fact, this nutty oil benefits your skin in various ways. Ayurvedic and ancient Chinese have always used almond oil to help soften and soothe the skin. Along with moisturizing your skin, this oil also reduces puffiness and under-eye circles, improves complexion and skin tone, treats acne, helps reverse sun damage, and reduces the appearance of scars and fine lines and stretch marks. (11)
- Rosehip seed oil
Rosehip seed oil is derived from the Rosa Canina rose bush that is grown mostly in chile. It is a dry or nongreasy oil which makes it a great natural moisturizer for all skin types (12). The essential fatty acids, including linoleic and linolenic acid in Rosehip seed oil, keep cell walls strong so that they don’t lose water. Rosehip oil also exfoliates and brightens skin, boosts collagen formation, reduces inflammation, scars, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation, and protects against sun damage.
For centuries, honey has been considered an integral part of our lifestyle. Right from being used for cooking purposes to being used for the treatment of numerous illnesses and diseases, the credibility and reputation of honey as a magic potion for the overall health of the body (both external and internal) has remained unwavering. As a powerhouse of various nutrients, honey is a favourite ingredient for dieticians, nutritionists, beauty experts, etc.
The reason why honey is used as a base ingredient for almost all homemade DIY treatments is that it deeply moisturizes the skin from deep within. Applying honey to your skin regularly gives you results that are beyond your imagination, your skin looks healthy, younger-looking and glowing. It acts as a pore cleanser, an exfoliator. Honey lightens scars, fights acne and pimples, reduces wrinkles, brightens skin complexion, prevents premature ageing, and adds a natural glow. (13)
4. Aloe Vera
The modest houseplant, Aloe Vera is a ‘miracle and wonder plant’ that has been around and used as a medicinal herb. It helps in nourishing the body from the inside. Its gel is widely used to enhance one’s skin, mainly the face and the hair. The following are the skin reasons why Aloe Vera can be the best ingredient in your moisturizer.
- Aloe Vera has great moisturizing properties that help treat dry skin. When used as an aftershave treatment, aloe vera helps in keeping the skin hydrated and healing burns by razor, and smaller nicks and cuts.
- The cooling and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera help soothe sunburn.
- It is a known fact that aloe vera helps reduce the time of healing mainly in the case of first and second-degree wounds. This is because aloe vera penetrates into the skin way faster than the water itself.
- Rich in Vitamins C, E and beta-carotene, Aloe Vera fights skin ageing and lightens blemishes on the face.
Aloe Vera with great antibacterial and antiseptic properties helps in treating infections and acne too. (14)
5. Coconut Milk
Coconut oil is considered one of the most effective natural ingredients for the skin. It is used as a cleanser, moisturizer, makeup remover, and the list goes on and on. But, did you know there is another part of this tropical fruit that you are missing out on? The coconut milk benefits for the skin is just as good or maybe even better than the oil. Coconut milk is packed with many healthy skin oils and antioxidants that help the skin in numerous ways. It is a lot less greasy and has a more subtle scent when compared to coconut oil.
The nutrient-dense milk helps in locking in the hydration and smoothing out the skin. You often find coconut milk as a primary ingredient in dry skin-saving moisturizers. Coconut milk, just like its oil-based cousin, works as an effective cleanser for removing dirt and debris from the pores while deeply nourishing the skin. It also replenishes healthy oils and antioxidants (including Vitamin C) into the skin.
If the skin on your face, hands, legs and anywhere else in the body is feeling raw and red, then coconut is definitely your go-to remedy. Coconut milk leaves skin soft and supple due to the presence of soothing and moisturizing properties in it. (15)
6. Essential Oils
For centuries, many cultures have used essential oils to enhance their daily lives, support wellness, perform religious rites, and wear them as perfumes. Not only are these essential oils versatile but also are used for beautifying the skin. Essential oils with their natural properties brighten, smoothen, and moisturize the skin in a way that leaves you feeling perfectly pampered. (16)
- Lavender Oil - Lavender essential oil is a perfect way to treat dry skin. It soothes, smoothens, and nourishes all skin types and is very easy to include in your skincare routine.
- Cedarwood oil - The Cedarwood essential oil has a woodsy scent and is extracted from many varieties of cedar and Juniper trees. It has many potential uses and prevalent among these is its great ability to moisturize and nourish the skin. It can also be used as a treatment for acne, blackheads, whiteheads, etc.
- Tea Tree oil - Tea tree essential oil treats dry skin by reducing irritation and itching. It has also been shown to be more effective than clobetasone butyrate and zinc oxide to treat eczema. Several studies have shown that tea tree oil can be a powerful weapon against acne (17). It helps in reducing the amount and overall severity of acne.
- Ylang Ylang oil - Ylang-Ylang essential oil has hydrating properties that help you in maintaining the skin’s oil production and keeping it well-nourished. The natural antiseptic properties in Ylang-Ylang oil can also heal any kinds of cracks or cuts caused by dry skin. Overall, this essential oil helps in moisturizing, replenishing the skin while keeping it healthy.
Kama Ayurveda’s Moisturizers For Dry Skin
The following are a list of Kama Ayurveda’s moisturizers that can keep your dry skin at bay.
1. Day Cream For Women with Dry Skin
Kama Ayurveda’s Eladi Hydrating Ayurvedic Face Cream is a truly nourishing day cream that promises to moisturize, soften, smoothen and protect your skin. This Ayurvedic formula is prescribed in the ancient Ayurvedic text of Ashtanga Hrudayam as the ideal skin treatment. It is made with pure ingredients such as Coconut Milk, Sesame Oil, Costus etc.
Aloe Vera present in the blend is a great source of antiseptic properties that helps to prevent acne, blemishes, fine lines and gives sufficient sun protection. Olive oil contains large amounts of antioxidants and enables high skin absorption without stickiness or heaviness. Pure essential oils extracted from rose and Jasmine nourish the skin for healthy, glowing, and younger-looking skin. The Green Cardamom present in this cream is aromatic in nature. It is anti-microbial and has the ability to soothe inflammatory symptoms on the skin.
Sesame seeds are used in health treatments and massages for the body. It is a great remedy for migraine and insomnia. Sesame seeds are the best remedy for relieving anxiety while working as a natural moisturizer. Coconut oil works in keeping the skin smooth and soft. It helps to prevent early ageing and wrinkling of the skin.
- Eladi hydrating ayurvedic face cream is 97.5% natural
- It helps to keep the skin soft and smooth.
- This hydrating ayurvedic cream nourishes the skin without any greasiness.
- It is a great source to minimize premature ageing.
How To Apply?
Take enough of the cream and massage gently on the skin in upward directions.
2. Night Cream Cream For Women with Dry Skin
Kumkumadi Rejuvenating & brightening Ayurvedic Night cream is a perfect leave-in night cream for women who desire youthful naturally bright skin. It is clinically proven that Kama Ayurveda rejuvenating & brightening night cream reduces the sign of ageing and brightens your skin tone. This cream is a rich and non-greasy formula that is a perfect blend of rare and precious ingredients. This cream is derived from Kama Ayurveda's iconic Kumkumadi Tailam and is known to significantly reduce dark circles and pigmentation.
- This cream is great for brightening your skin and you can find results in just 4 weeks.
- It assures a 20% reduction in pigmentation in just 28 days.
- It promises to improve 27% in moisturisation in 28 days.
How to use it?
After cleansing, moist your skin with a water-based toner or pure rosewater. Apply this rejuvenating & brightening ayurvedic night cream in small amounts on the face and neck and then massage with upward strokes until absorbed (avoid eye area).
3. Hydrating Ayurvedic Day Cream For Men with Dry Skin
Hydrating Ayurvedic Face Cream For Men is an all-in-one ayurvedic day cream for men that helps in nourishing, soothing, protecting, and fighting visible signs of ageing. This natural formula is a perfect hydrating daily moisturizer for men that is enriched with herbs processed in pure sesame oil and coconut milk.
Blended with Cedarwood extract, this ayurvedic formula is known for its purifying and calming qualities. Aloe Vera, rich in antiseptic properties, helps in preventing acne, fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes. It also acts as protection against the sun. Olive oil in this hydrating day cream with derived conditioners and emulsifiers enables high skin absorption and deeply moisturizes skin. This cream for men is ideal for daily use and post-shave, for smooth, clear and soft skin.
- The Kama Ayurveda’s Hydrating Ayurvedic Face Cream For Men is 97.5% natural.
- It promises to soften and smoothen skin while minimizing the signs of ageing.
- This hydrating day cream truly nourishes the skin without any greasiness.
How To Use?
After cleansing, take a pea amount of the product and massage it onto the skin in an upward direction. You can use this daily and also post-shave.
4. Brightening Night Cream For Men with Dry Skin
Kama Ayurveda’s Skin Brightening Night Cream For Men is an intense night treatment that promises to deeply moisturize, brighten skin and repair visible signs of ageing. This ayurvedic formula is an incredible skin brightening treatment for evening skin tone as it stimulates new cell growth effectively.
The Skin Brightening Night Cream For Men is blended with the finest saffron from Kashmir which helps in brightening the skin, reducing dark circles and pigmentation. Aloe Vera and Indian Madder with abundant antiseptic properties prevent fine lines and delay the process of ageing skin. Lotus and Vetiver in the blend cool and cleanse while helping clear blemishes. The antiseptic properties of Liquorice protect the skin against any bacterial and fungal infections. Overall, this ayurvedic formula is perfect as a leave-in treatment for youthful radiant skin.
- The Skin Brightening Night Cream For Men is 97.5% natural.
- This blend lightens and brightens skin while repairing pigmentation and relieving dark circles.
- It also helps in minimizing fine lines and signs of ageing.
How To Use?
After cleansing the skin, apply a generous amount of the product onto the face and neck. Massage the product all over in an upward direction until it gets absorbed completely.
5. Moisturising Natural Sunscreen For Dry Skin
Kama Ayurveda’s Natural Sunscreen Protection is a non-chemical daily-use sunscreen that provides full-spectrum sun protection. It boosts hydrating while keeping skin even-toned and healthy. This sunscreen is a light formula that contains natural-origin, UV protection minerals like Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide that reflect the sun rays back from the exposed areas of skin.
The natural Glycerine and Olive Oil in Natural Sunscreen Protection condition the skin without making it greasy. The Shea Butter in the blend nourishes, soothes irritation, repairs sunspots and other signs of sun damage. Pure essential oils of Lime, Ginger, Nutmeg leave the skin smooth, soft, light and freshly scented.
- Kama Ayurveda’s Natural Sunscreen Protection is 93.3% natural.
- This sunscreen is SPF 21 and PA++ sun protection.
- The non-Nano Formulation of this sunscreen prevents skin penetration for safe and long term use.
- It is safe for children above three years of age, gentle, non-comedogenic and suits sensitive and oily skin.
How To Use?
Shake well and take an appropriate amount onto your palm. Blend into all exposed areas until it gets absorbed. Always use sunscreen as the last step in your skincare routine. Apply 20 minutes before sun exposure and reapply every two hours.
6. Kokum and Almond Body Butter For Dry Skin
Kama Ayurveda’s Kokum and Almond Body Butter is a luxurious, creamy and rich body cream that gives intensive hydration instantly. It keeps skin soft, smooth and protected. This natural blend is enriching body butter made with 100% organic cold-pressed coconut oil and almond oil.
Kokum and Almond Body Butter which is rich in Vitamin A, E, fibre and minerals relieve dryness and have natural oxidants to increase the elasticity of the skin. Blended with cocoa butter, shea butter and kokum butter, this ayurvedic formula rejuvenates skin cells and lightens stretch marks. Aloe Vera juice in it is an antiseptic agent that helps in protecting the skin. Overall Kokum and Almond Body Butter is an intensive moisturizer that moisturizes, hydrates, and improves skin tone while reviving its natural glow.
- Kama Ayurveda’s Kokum and Almond Body Butter is 92.3% natural.
- It helps in relieving dryness instantly, improving skin tone and lightening stretch marks.
- The formula also helps in healing roughness and scarring.
- And obviously, this blend has great moisturizing properties.
How To Apply?
Apply the product all over the body and massage mainly concentrating the rough areas like elbows and knees. You can reapply whenever your skin feels dry, tight and uncomfortable.
7. Rose And Jasmine Body Moisturizer For Women with Dry Skin
Kama Ayurveda’s Rose and Jasmine Body Moisturizer is a balancing and restoring body moisturizer that helps in conditioning your skin and repairing the damage. It is a luxurious body moisturizer that is free of paraben, petrochemicals and SLES (sulphates). While hydrating, the moisturiser also keeps its natural oils intact to leave skin soft and radiant.
Rose and Jasmine Body Moisturizer contains Aloe Vera juice that helps in penetrating deeper into the skin to deliver essential nutrients thereby softening, conditioning and reducing damage. The lemon and beetroot extracts condition skin naturally and brighten up the complexion. The pure essential oils of Rose and Jasmine promises to repair and soothe, brighten and soften skin.
- Kama Ayurveda’s Rose and Jasmine Body Moisturizer is 99.8% natural and is SLES and paraben-free.
- The blend is anti-inflammatory and helps in balancing and brightening up the skin tone.
- Not to mention, Kama Ayurveda’s Rose and Jasmine Body Moisturizer deeply moisturizes and hydrates skin.
How To Apply?
Take a generous amount into your hands and using your fingertips, gently massage the face and neck in circular motions until the product absorbs completely.
8. Himalayan Deodar Body Moisturizer For Men With Dry Skin
Kama Ayurveda’s Himalayan Deodar Body Moisturizer is a soothing and softening body lotion with an abundance of anti-inflammatory properties that protect and deeply moisturize the skin. This luxurious body moisturizer is free of SLES (Sulphates), petrochemicals and paraben. It is formulated to hydrate skin while keeping the skin radiant and soft.
Kama Ayurveda’s Himalayan Deodar Body Moisturizer is blended with Aloe Vera juice that is a source of anti-inflammatory properties to protect and deeply moisturize your skin. The Beetroot and Lemon extracts brighten the complexion and the pure essential oils will help keep your skin refreshed, healthy and toned.
- Kama Ayurveda’s Himalayan Deodar Body Moisturizer is 99.8% natural and free of SLES and paraben.
- It is anti-inflammatory and deeply moisturizes your skin giving you healthy and younger-looking skin.
- The moisturizer clears and brightens your skin.
How To Apply?
Take a generous amount of the product and using your fingertips, massage gently in circular motions until it gets absorbed completely.
9. Lavender Patchouli Body Moisturizer For Dry Skin
Kama Ayurveda’s Lavender Patchouli Body Moisturizer is a perfect moisturizer to relax, nourish and hydrate the skin. The rich formula will transform your dry skin by sealing in a rich blend of lipids and soothing ingredients to nurture and nourish your skin.
Kama Ayurveda’s Lavender Patchouli Body Moisturizer is infused with extracts of sunflower, Aloe Vera, and Olive Oil to add essential nutrients and moisture to the skin. The soothing Lavender essential oils help in calming skin to heal infections and irritation. The refreshing Patchouli oil will act as a natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial active that gives you comfort, smooth, and well-hydrated skin.
- Kama Ayurveda’s Lavender Patchouli Body Moisturizer is 85.9% natural.
- It relieves dryness and discomfort leaving you soothed and well-nourished skin.
- Lavender Patchouli Moisturizer is known to calm tightness and irritation.
How To Apply?
Take a generous amount of Kama Ayurveda’s Lavender Patchouli Body Moisturizer into your palms. Using your fingertips, massage gently in circular motions until the product gets absorbed completely.
10. Rose and Jasmine Moisturising Body Oil for Dry Skin
Kama Ayurveda’s Rose Jasmine Bath and Body Oil is an indulgent and quickly absorbed body oil that will leave your skin feeling smoother, softer, and well-nourished. This luxurious floral oil is a blend that can be used as a post or pre-bath hydrator.
Kama Ayurveda’s Rose Jasmine Bath and Body Oil contains pure essential oils of Jasmine and Rose along with Organic Almond Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Soya Bean Oil, and Castor Oil. Rich in Vitamins A, D & E, minerals, regenerative and antioxidant properties, this ayurvedic formula helps restore the natural glow of the skin.
- Kama Ayurveda’s Rose Jasmine Bath and Body Oil is 100% natural.
- It promises to soften and hydrate the skin leaving it healthy and younger-looking.
- The formula is non-greasy.
How To Apply?
Kama Ayurveda’s Rose Jasmine Bath and Body Oil is light, quick-absorbing and is suited for everyday use.
Before you bathe, gently massage the product into your skin and leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse clean with a mild body cleanser. Or you can also add 10 to 15ml of Rose Jasmine Bath and Body Oil to your bath water for a relaxing bath.
If you want to use the oil post-bath, you can take an appropriate amount on your palms and gently massage it all over the body.
Kama Ayurveda’s Organic Sweet Almond Oil is a natural, pure and organic oil treatment that promises to hydrate and smoothen your skin from head to toe. This gentle and light conditioning treatment with a delicate sweet smell is extracted from the ripe seeds of the Almond tree. Rich in Vitamins A and E, the sweet almonds nourishes and improves complexion while reviving the skin’s natural glow.
The organic Sweet Almond Oil promises to lighten dark circles, marks and spots. It can be used for delicate, sensitive and irritated skin types.
- Kama Ayurveda’s Organic Sweet Almond Oil is 100% organic and natural, cold-pressed oil. It is ideal for body massages.
- The oil is fast-absorbing, non-sticky and excellent for baby massages.
- It smoothes, brightens and improves skin complexion.
How To Apply?
Take a small amount of the oil and warm it in your hands. Then massage gently all over the face and body and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse clean with a mild body cleanser or soap.
Kama Ayurveda’s Organic sesame oil is a great massaging oil that helps in repairing damaged skin and also works as a great absorbent. This sesame oil is a pure, natural, and organic oil treatment that nourishes and smoothes skin from head to toe.
Organic sesame oil is light and soothing. It promises to repair damaged skin while giving it a healthy glow. Rich in nutrients, vitamins A, B, E and minerals, this oil penetrates deep into the skin to give soft, smooth, radiant, and younger-looking skin you have ever dreamt of. The best part is this oil also increases blood circulation. Organic sesame oil helps in preventing your skin from tanning and protecting you from the damage caused by harmful UV radiation.
- Organic sesame oil is 100% organic and natural.
- The Kama Ayurveda’s Organic Sesame Oil revitalises and smoothes skin.
- It absorbs fast.
How to Apply?
Take a small amount of oil in the hands and then massage gently all over the face and body. Leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes, cleanse, rinse clean with a mild soap or body cleanser. This oil can be used by any skin type from head to toe.
Kama Ayurveda’s Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil is a pure, natural oil treatment that promises to nourish and smoothen the skin and hair from head to toe.
Extra virgin organic coconut oil is a highly versatile oil that deeply conditions both skin and hair. This organic oil is an ideal moisturizer for the body. It makes the skin soft, smooth and even textured. Coconut oil is very effective for a conditioning treatment. This ayurvedic blend is highly advised for baby massages.
- Extra virgin organic coconut oil is 100% pure and natural.
- It helps in smoothing the skin and giving you an even skin tone.
- It is non-sticky and absorbs very fastly.
How To Apply?
Take a small amount of coconut oil in the hands and massage all the face and body. After applying leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes, then rinse clean with body cleanser or mild soap. This organic coconut oil can be used for all skin types.
Kama’s Pure and Organic Moringa Oil offers a boost of natural hydration for your dry skin. Extracted from the seeds of the Moringa tree, this cold-pressed Organic Moringa Oil deeply hydrates, restores the skin’s protective barrier, leaving the skin smooth and nourished.
This video shows how you can use Moringa oil to provide a deep nourishment to your body.
- Non-greasy, fast absorbing and deeply hydrating
- Repairs skin damage due to pollution
- Encourages renewal of skin cells
- 1. The Role of Moisturizers in Addressing Various Kinds of Dermatitis: A Review - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5849435/
- 2. Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5796020/
- 3. Cocoa butter lotion for prevention of striae gravidarum: a double-blind, randomised and placebo-controlled trial - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18715434/
- 4. Effects of Topical and Dietary Use of Shea Butter on Animals - https://www.researchgate.net/publication/277021242_Effects_of_Topical_and_Dietary_Use_of_Shea_Butter_on_Animals
- 5. Formulation and Evaluation of Exotic Fat Based Cosmeceuticals for Skin Repair - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2792546/#:~:text=Mango%20butter%20was%20explored%20as,the%20product%20were%20carried%20out.
- 6. Formulation and Evaluation of Exotic Fat Based Cosmeceuticals for Skin Repair - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2792546/
- 7. Moisturizers: The Slippery Road - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4885180/
- 8. In vitro anti-inflammatory and skin protective properties of Virgin coconut oil - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6335493/
- 9. Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5796020/
- 10. Jojoba in dermatology: a succinct review - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24442052/#:~:text=The%20oil%20from%20the%20jojoba,as%20well%20as%20wound%20healing.
- 11. The uses and properties of almond oil - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20129403/
- 12. The effectiveness of a standardized rose hip powder, containing seeds and shells of Rosa canina, on cell longevity, skin wrinkles, moisture, and elasticity - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4655903/
- 13. Honey in dermatology and skincare: a review - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24305429/#:~:text=In%20cosmetic%20formulations%2C%20it%20exerts,pH%20and%20prevents%20pathogen%20infections.
- 14. The moisturizing effect of cosmetic formulations containing Aloe vera extract in different concentrations assessed by skin bioengineering techniques - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17026654/#:~:text=Conclusion%3A%20Our%20results%20show%20that,the%20treatment%20of%20dry%20skin.
- 15. Study of antioxidant activity and physicochemical properties of coconut milk (Pati Santan) in Malaysia - https://www.jocpr.com/articles/study-of-antioxidant-activity-and-physicochemical-properties-of-coconut-milk-pati-santan-in-malaysia.pdf
- 16. Commercial Essential Oils as Potential Antimicrobials to Treat Skin Diseases - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5435909/
- 17. New Perspectives on Antiacne Plant Drugs: Contribution to Modern Therapeutics - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4132408/