The daily skincare routine that you follow determines how your skin will feel some years down the road. Even if you’re just starting to get serious about skincare, you might be well aware of the importance of choosing the best face cream for yourself.
Applying a face cream daily is the ultimate key to healthy, glowing skin regardless of the season, age, or skin type. But, what is it about daily moisturization that makes it such an essential step of skin-care?
For starters, a face cream helps maintain the natural radiance and youthfulness of the skin by taking care of the natural skin barrier. A healthy skin barrier is a natural defense against inflammation and damage. It prevents many skin issues such as dehydration, irritation, redness, and even dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles over time.
Therefore, your daily CTM - Cleanse, Tone, and Moisturize routine will give you the best results when you choose the best products.
Based on the top ingredients in your face cream, it can provide many other benefits. It’s highly recommended to use a day face cream and a night face cream as both have their unique purpose. We’ll elaborate on that in the coming sections.
Before that, let’s look into some of the features that you should look for while choosing the best face cream.
Best Face Cream For Women
With everything else you need to do in the busy morning hours, moisturizing your skin can feel like another chore. However, choosing the right face cream will ensure that the time made for it is worth it.
It's recommended that women start using face cream regularly from their mid to late 20s. Regular moisturizing maintains the elasticity in your skin, helping reduce wrinkles, age spots, and other fine lines. Gentle moisturization every day also preps the skin for the daily stress and shields it from environmental pollution.
Here are some things you should look for in your face cream -
- It should be free from harsh chemicals - Face cream is one product you'll use on your skin every day. Therefore, it should be gentle on the skin. Natural face creams formulated from organic ingredients and are free from chemicals are the best for the skin.
- It should be suitable for your skin type - The ancient science of Ayurveda talks about how every single body type has a unique constitution. As a result, our skin requirements vary significantly. Look for the face cream's key ingredients and choose one with components compatible with your skin type.
- It should be non-comedogenic - Unless you have dry skin, heavy moisturizers can be problematic. They take longer for your skin to absorb, so they sit on top of your skin and clog your pores. Individual ingredients are also known to be comedogenic, which means that they can clog pores and potentially lead to acne breakouts. Always choose a non-comedogenic face cream.
- It should have a short shelf life - Face creams with a long shelf life often contain harmful chemicals and preservatives. On the other hand, natural and organic face creams have a shorter lifespan and do not contain harmful additives and preservatives.
- It should address your skin concerns - Your face cream can be chosen to address skin concerns like dullness, dryness, pigmentation, dark circles and ageing. Identify what concerns you want to address and work on them accordingly.
Based on the parameters mentioned above, we've narrowed down some of the best natural face cream options for you. Let's address them in detail.
Made with a blend of pure ingredients, this face cream formula is prescribed in the ancient Ayurvedic text of Ashtanga Hrudayam as the ideal skin treatment of herbs processed in pure Coconut Milk and Sesame Oil.
The numerous natural ingredients in this cream make it an excellent choice for all skin types. Here are some of the top constituents, along with their benefits for the skin.
- Green Cardamom - Aromatic in nature, it has various dermatological and anti-microbial qualities. It is particularly useful in soothing inflammatory symptoms in the skin. It also has Varneekarana properties, which help in enhancing skin texture.
- Sesame Seeds - Sesame oil present in Sesame seeds is a natural moisturizer that reduces wrinkles. It also protects from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Owing to its rich composition of natural fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins, it is one of the best additions to your face cream.
- Coconut Milk - Coconut milk is one of the richest naturally moisturizing ingredients for your skin. It has high levels of Vitamin C, which helps maintain the elasticity and flexibility of the skin. It is also rich in copper, which prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots. Unlike Coconut milk, it's non-comedogenic and suitable for all skin types, including sensitive and oily skin. Its soothing and moisturizing properties are useful in treating dry and irritated skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera has antiseptic properties that prevent skin conditions such as acne and blemishes. Not only this, but it also works to reduce fine lines and give adequate sun protection.
- Costus - Costus or 'Kustha' is an important medicinal herb of Ayurveda. In Ayurveda, it is used to treat and heal the skin. Costus, with its anti-microbial activities, is considered extremely good for acne-prone skin.
Apart from these key ingredients, this face cream also has Olive Oil and Jasmine and Rose's essential oils. Together, these ingredients purify and nurture the skin, making this face cream the ultimate treatment for soft, smooth, and clear skin.
Including this day face cream in your daily skincare routine is easy. Here’s a simple 4-step routine that you can follow first thing in the morning. We recommend applying Natural Sun Protection on top of daily face cream before stepping out for proper sun protection.
Now that we've talked about our top recommendation for a day face cream let's move on to our next pick - the best night face cream for women.
Are you wondering why you need a night face cream in the first place? Don't worry. We'll elaborate on that in the next section.
2. Rejuvenating & Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream
Your day face creams work on providing nourishment and hydration throughout the day. However, by night time, your skin is exhausted and requires replenishment. Therefore, your night face cream has a very different function of cell renewal and rejuvenation.
Rejuvenating & Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream is an incredible Ayurvedic Night treatment that brightens complexion, relieves signs of aging, and promotes cell growth. It is a powerful Ayurveda based formula created with the finest of Saffron from Kashmir. This cream is not only an excellent anti-aging cream, but it also works well to lighten blemishes.
Let’s look at the benefits of the top ingredients present in this night cream.
- Saffron - Applying Saffron on the skin is a well-known natural way to get fairer, more glowing skin. It is also known to improve skin texture, treats ailments like pigmentation, dark circles, pimples, and acne, and lighten darkened skin. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Aloe Vera - Referred to as the miracle plant in Ayurveda, it is used to treat wounds, minor cuts, dry skin, redness, skin irritation, and severe burns. With strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Aloe Vera is rich in Vitamins C, E, and Beta Carotene, which give it strong nourishing and anti-aging qualities. Its cooling and gently hydrating properties make it an excellent addition to any skin regime.
- Manjishtha - Known as Indian Madder, is a prized Ayurvedic tonic herb. It works as a brilliant remedy to cure skin uneven pigmentation and treats several skin allergies like eczema and acne. It works as a powerful antioxidant to nourish the skin.
- Mulaithi - It has antiseptic properties and protects against various bacterial and fungal skin infections.
The following video shows how you can create a night skin care routine with the Rejuvenating & Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream.
With this, we conclude our round-up of best face creams for women. At Kama Ayurveda, we understand the needs of different skin types according to the science of Ayurveda. We believe that the first step towards taking care of one's skin is to use products that are not only organic but are also useful for your skin.
Our organic face creams help your skin feel replenished and glowing, especially in the dry season. You can also check out our range of organic toners and natural face cleansers to complete your CTM routine.